Thursday, September 20, 2007

What is a photograph?

Remember the stories of how some natives in jungles refused to have their photographs taken because they believed it may capture their souls?

Well, they are much wiser than we thought.

Rather than capturing our actual souls, photographs capture the very essence of our being, freeze it in time and give us the chance to keep it and cherish it as long as we want.

It is with this in mind that I set out to capture the beautiful, poignant images of the present, the here and now, so that it would not be lost forever if left only to memories.

You see, memories die with the person who carries it while pictures, captured through the lens of a camera, ensured that these very meaningful and priceless memories do not get lost over time. Pictures ensured that memories stay vibrant and alive even decades after the event.

Aside from memories, as I have mentioned, pictures captures our very essence, our very being, all our feelings and our thoughts. It doesn't need much words. Captions for pictures are a waste of time. I believe each picture has a story to tell and no words could replace the many stories told by a single picture.

Come into my blog and journey with me into the world of photography and discover how a single snapshot could tell more stories than a 600-page book. Visit my gallery for more insight into my work and if you need to preserve some memories, drop me a line via my email!

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: